Thursday 25 June 2009

SlamTracker

As Jay mentions in the IBM at Wimbledon video, the data-entry folk from the IBM team really are doing a great job; as I sit at my desk, feverishly working away, I have both the TV coverage running in the background as well as the IBM SlamTracker running on my Thinkpad. And, just as Jay says, the data is updated in real-time and appears on my screen faster than the umpires can announce the point change to the crowd sat around him.
It's nearly as good as being at SW19 in person.
No...wait...hang on... up-to-date scores on my screen, (reasonably-priced) strawberries and cream in the fridge, a bottle of Pimms in the cupboard (for after work, Boss, honest) and a cooling breeze blowing through the window... this is better than being there in person :)

No comments:

Post a Comment