Sunday 5 July 2009

It could go either way...

... the Gentlemen's final is at one set and three games all. We are sitting here preparing photos for the site as the match plays out via three different feeds on TVs around the room. The feeds are staggered, which can make things a little confusing, but, if you missed seeing a shot on one and can turn in your chair fast enough then you can catch it on the screen on the other side of the room.

I have been out photographing things for IBM. There was no chance of me getting on to Centre Court to take shots of the final, so I have to content myself with the ones I am seeing coming in over the wire. Many of the photographers out there today will have wireless on their cameras which means they can fire photos off to their agencies without leaving their position - very cool. It has been in place for a couple of years now, and has speeded up the whole process (for us). Gone are the days of scanning slides (back in 1998), or waiting for a runner to bring in a card of photos to us.

I have a few more photos that I would like to post to this blog, and if I can they will be up sometime tonight, once we have finished for the day, nay, the year. I will then do a wrap up post tomorrow after I have driven home. Until then, go watch and enjoy the tennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment